Monday, February 1, 2010

Wow. It's been over a month

Since my last blog post! And yet, I've scored some sweet deals in January! So, the lack of posting is not due to a lack of content, it has more to do with the fact that:

Things have been insanely busy.

I had a terrible case of tendonitis or carpal tunnel over the first of the year. It was awful! My hand still goes numb sometimes, but I've got some braces to wear at night and these funky support gloves with the fingertips cut out to wear at work while I type, although they make me look like Mickey Mouse, they are getting the job done.

So, with no time to blog and pain involved, well, that's what's happened. However, work has slowed down tremendously with a big project being completed over the weekend, so here we go! I need to dust up and get going.

January update: Came in at 248.48 for Grocery Budget. Saved 297.25.

I'm sticking with my 2009 goal of keeping the grocery budget to $200-250, (less if I can help it!) and trying to at least double my money. Meaning that I save more than I spend. I realize this money isn't actually going in to savings, but it shows what I would have had to pay, had I paid retail value, rather than sales, coupons and register rewards.

So, we're off to a good start. I'm keeping my eyes out for a decent diaper deal. I had to buy diapers this weekend for the first time since early December and it stunk! Last year, it was March that was Baby Month, so I'm on the lookout!

No comments:

Post a Comment