Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Well, we did pretty well last week. Actually ate 3 of the meals I had planned! But we never ate out! That's the goal, really, in all of my menu planning. To plan healthier meals and have the plan ready with the food on hand so that I am not tempted to just "run for the border." Here's what I see on the horizon for us this week:

Grilled Chicken & Salad
Pork Lo Mein (didn't get this one in last week) and rice noodles
Tacos/Tostadas
Turkey a la King
Chili & Hot Dogs (we have a LOT of chili left over from SuperBowl (SOUPer Bowl?? *hee hee*)

Family is coming for the weekend AND it's Valentine's Day. I'm totally going out on Vday!

My goal these days, with such a packed freezer (we have a 1/4 of a cow and a pig in there!) is to find a decent stockpile price on chicken and to try and incorporate a different meat in each meal throughout the week. That way, we will use the meat in the freezer and not just have it, which has happened quite a bit. Nothing to eat, but a ton of frozen meat in the freezer! Not anymore! I am proud to say, though, that I cleaned out the fridge (as in DEEP clean) and I hardly had to throw anything away! I'm getting better at using stuff up and not wasting as much. You could say I'm becoming one with my inner Susie Homemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment