Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lunch Waggin'

I had to run into town today on my lunch break to pay our water bill, so I took the opportunity to quick run into Walgreens for some goodies. I had a $4 RR from the buy 2/$18 Huggies deal that I had done on Sunday.

There are two free after rebate items out now, so I picked those in a first transaction:

1- Vaseline Sheer Infusion - 6.99 get a $7 RR - FREE after RR - use the 1.50/1 coupon here and it's a moneymaker.
1 - Chapstick Fresh Effects - 2.99 get a $3 RR - FREE after RR
I used the Vaseline coupon and my $4 RR and paid 5.08 OOP - and got $10 in RR ! Woohoo!



2nd Transaction - 2 packages of Huggies Diapers - 2/$18
2 Reeses candy bars (so that my number of items would be the same as my number of coupons!)
$3 RR
$7 RR
Total: 6.37 - saved over $20.00
So, all total, I paid 11.45 (that includes tax!) for 2 packages of diapers, lotion & chapstick. And I received another $4 RR. So, you know I'm doing it again tomorrow! I might skip the chapstick this time and go for some free gum - I still have lots of chapstick from when it was free before, and they only had one left last time I went in. I like these lotions and chapsticks though to have on hand when it comes stocking stuffer time!
My whole perspective on the RR rolling thing is this: I'm going to have to buy diapers anyway. Annie reacts to a lot of store brand diapers, so I generally like to stick to Huggies or Pampers. If I just use my coupons and the register rewards deal, I'd still have to pay $15.08 up front and then get the $4 RR - that's $11.08 for two packages of diapers (as opposed to the 11.45 I paid for all of the above.) Why not get some really nice lotion and chapstick for .37 more? Makes sense to me. But that's because I'm trying to stock up on some diapers. I am OUT. After this week, I'll tally what I paid for diapers this week at Walgreens, and I'll bet I come out at a good deal.







No comments:

Post a Comment