Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I'm linkin' up to Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday ya'll. This is a great carnival to find out what other mom's are cooking up for their fams - I've gotten some great recipes from MPM.

I had a two week menu plan, but I've gone from 5 8-hour days to 4 10-hour days and it's really thrown the schedule off. Last week totally felt like I was scrambling - eating dinner at 8pm - yeah...

So, I need to figure out a system where my children aren't just eating hot dogs, chicken nuggets or spaghetti for 4 days every week. Maybe this week because we spent all weekend cleaning, but I'm thinking that making 4 meals on my day off and freezing them might be a venue I want to explore. Of course when the garden starts producing it'll be easier with more fresh foods, but right now, we're still in planting stages.

So - here we go for our Menu Plan this week:

Monday - Crab Alfredo Pasta & salad
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes - made in crockpot
Wednesday - Chicken Stir Fry w/Fresh Asparagus
Thursday - Breakfast Pockets -(I'll make ahead of time)
Friday - Homemade Pizza -gotta be fast - putting the garage sale together!
Saturday - I'm assuming we'll mooch off my folks most of this day - that's where we're holding the garage sale! Maybe we'll even take a date tonight :D
Sunday - Steaks on the grill -pending good weather

No comments:

Post a Comment