Saturday, May 30, 2009

Homemade Shampoo?

We've tried the Homemade Febreze and it worked pretty well, but there was a leak in my spray bottle and consequently we had a ton of little crystals grown all over our linen closet! But - I would say it works, if you can't get the real stuff for cheap or free! I personally really like the Glade Air & Fabric Odor Eliminator - works great and they have awesome coupons and it's decently priced.



We haven't tried the Homemade Laundry Soap yet, though. I still have a couple of bottles from all the free Arm & Hammer at Wags last December, but we're getting closer! I told Hubs the other day, when he mentioned to look for good deals on stockpiling it, "Remember? We're going to try and make our own!"




But, I found this recipe today - "Homemade Shampoo!?!" And I must say, I'm extremely intrigued. When I was a teenager, I would occasionally wash an egg in my hair, and I would put lemon juice on it when I laid out in the sun, but the thought of making my own homemade shampoo is not something I have ever thought of. I used to get really nice compliments on my hair when I was a teenager (you know, before I started coloring it and all!) so I'm guessing there was something to the natural ingredients I was putting into it? Who knows, but I'll tell ya - I'm intrigued and I think I just might try it! I think we've got the ingredients at home!


Egg & Lemon Clarifying ShampooIn a blender, combine 1-ounce olive oil, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and ½ -teaspoon apple cider vinegar. Use as regular shampoo. Always place leftovers in a labeled glass container and refrigerate. Use within 4 days


The link also puts a recipe for an Avocado/Coconut milk conditioner too, Egg Conditioner, Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask, Mayonnaise Treatments, Natural Build-up Removal recipes! Check it out - try something healthy for your hair. I think I might! I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment