Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What I'm Working On This Week - Meijer Edition

UPDATE: Okay, so I did this transaction at Meijer last night, and realized that my math in this post was wrong. I think it would be a better deal and you'd get less OOP if you did them 2 at a time, rather than 4.

At Meijer, I'm looking to stock up on vanilla and almond extract.

They are on sale for $2.50. Pair it up with the $1.00/1 (MQ – although I don't know which insert…) or the $1.00/1 IP. Also, use the $1.00/2 Meijer Mealbox coupons (here) to get them for $1.00. Right now, if you buy 2, you'll get a catalina (register coupon) for $1.50 off your next order. That's like paying .50 for both! If you buy 3 or more, you'll get a $2.50 OYNO catalina. So, my plan is to:



Buy 4 vanilla extracts (or another flavor)



Use 4 $1.00/1 coupons (I've collected lots!)



Use 2 $1.00/2 Meijer Mealbox coupon



Pay $4.00 OOP (Out Of Pocket) and get a $2.50 catalina back. Like paying $1.50 for 4!



Then, I'll do a second identical transaction, only I'll include the $2.50 catalina I just received and pay 1.50 OOP and get another $2.50 catalina back. It's practically free by that time J



That's the one MAJOR difference between Meijer register catalinas and the Walgreens Register Rewards. You can almost ALWAYS roll the Meijer coupons, but at Walgreens you can't roll the same RR into the same deal. It's a bummer, but it keeps you on your toes!


Check out BargainsToBounty.com for other Meijer deals that might fit your grocery list this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment