Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Girl is Learning!

We all know how much kid's adore McDonald's Chicken Nuggets Happy Meals and my 3 year old daughter, Grace, is no exception to that rule. I rue the day I introduced them to her, but I will say this - she doesn't get one but once a month, sometimes not even then. I keep chicken nuggets stocked so that I can bake them for her, rather than fry as I'm sure many mommas do.

This past Sunday, as we were driving home from church, Grace announced that she was hungry and wanted to go to McDonald's to get a Happy Meal. I replied (as it's a non-pay week and we have nuggets at home) "No, honey, we aren't going to McDonald's today - I'll make you some when we get home if you want."

"No, I want McDonald's," she pressed.

Let's try a different tactic. "Well, McDonald's cost money and I don't have any money to buy it with."

Her wheels were turning..."Well, can't you just get some from the lady at the McDonald's window?" Well, she does always see the workers giving us our change back - she just didn't know we gave them change first! So, Hubs explained that we had to give them money FIRST.

A little moment of silence as she processed the fact that they won't give us money to buy their product with.

"Well, Mom - can't you just give them a ticket?"

I cracked up. Her word for coupon is ticket. Apparently she thinks I can produce them at anytime for any reason. Ah- I was so proud. She's paying attention.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! I love that she calls coupons "tickets"!!

    ReplyDelete